I often wonder what everyone out there generally eat for their everyday dinners. This is one of our favorite meals, and it takes about half an hour to forty-five minutes to make, a lot of it unattended: sauteed veggies, mashed potatoes, and a protein which is usually baked tofu or a Quorn Naked Chik'n Cutlet as you see here. I've written about Quorn products before, and I've loved every one that I've tried. If you're looking for a vegetarian protein source I highly recommend these.
This meal is very flavorful and very satisfying. Here's a quick method:
1. Set the oven to 425F.
2. Get a pot of water boiling. Peel two baking potatoes and one sweet potato, cut into very large chunks, and add to boiling water.
3. Put the Chik'n Cutlets on a sheet of foil. Pour some balsamic dressing or other sauce or herb combination of your choice over the cutlets, then flip and pour more on the other side. Fold up the foil into a package. Put in the preheated oven to cook for 20 minutes.
4. Slice up some veggies of your choice - here I used leek, yellow squash, and red cabbage. Melt some butter in pan and saute the veggies. I put the leek in first so it would get soft, then added the squash, and at the end added the cabbage and some minced garlic so it would stay relatively crisp. Season with salt, pepper, and a dash of lemon juice. Set aside.
5. Drain the potatoes when they're soft. Put a tablespoon or so of butter in the pot you cooked the potatoes in and let it melt, then toss in some minced garlic. Add in the drained potatoes and a few tablespoons of milk and mash, adding more milk if necessary.
6. Layer it all on a plate and enjoy!
So what do you have for dinner?