Saturday, June 18, 2011

Win Sauce


That is no typo. This sauce is full of win.
Its also full of wine.

I asked Chris what he wanted for dinner tonight, and he said something along the lines of my Mushroom Chicken Bake dish. I'm plum out of milk or cream though, so I made something up with what I had available: cream cheese. This sauce is simple, and incredibly rich and delicious. I served it with veggie chik'n fillets, but it would probably be great with salmon too.


Win Sauce

1/3 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup white wine (I used Cupcake Vineyards Chardonnay)
2 tsp. fresh sage, chopped fine
Garlic powder

Cook the sausage patties in a pan with some butter or oil per the directions on the box. Remove from pan and dice. Return the sausage mince to the pan and add the wine and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat until the cheese is melted and everything is hot. Add the sage and garlic powder or other seasonings to taste, stir, and serve. Easy peasy!

Related recipes:

No comments: