Monday, March 3, 2008

Lazy

I've been too lazy to upload pictures and post a new entry. I think its because I have quite a few pictures to look through and edit, but I feel like I shouldn't post without pictures... *sigh*

The weather has been gorgeous out here lately, which is good because it was raining cats and dogs before that. Last Friday I took Ayla swimming at Shadow Cliffs. We haven't been in a while due to weather, though Chris took her a couple times when he was off for a week. I did my old routine of picking up a veggie sandwich from Subway, grabbed the dog, and headed out (I ate my Salt & Vinegar chips on the drive, but didn't share with the pup since I figured she wouldn't like them). There was a fire truck in the parking area when we got there, but they didn't say anything to me so I figured it was okay to go in. We walked around a while in the valley and an emergency helicopter circled above us for 15 or 20 minutes, but I didn't see smoke or anything, so we kept going. We got to our beach area and I set up my little picnic. There was a Parks police SUV on the road above us, but still no word. I have no idea what it was all about, but they all went away fairly quickly. Ayla played in the water and chased her ball a lot, so we had a good time.

Saturday morning we went on our hike. Someone please convince my dog to stop eating cow pies! Its funny though, a few of the other hikers really start retching whenever any of the dogs has a little snack. I just don't want kisses from a manure-mouth.

I watched Elizabeth last week, and Elizabeth: The Golden Age on Saturday. They were both great; Cate Blanchett was wonderful in them. I'm disappointed to hear that The Other Boleyn Girl is getting awful reviews from film critics since I've been looking forward to it for a long time now. I'll just wait until I can rent it I suppose.

Sunday we took care of things around the house, played on the hill with Ayla, and relaxed on the patio. I made French onion soup and Portobello Wellingtons for dinner. It was tasty, and I have a good base to add upon for the Wellingtons now. And puff pastry always looks so neat.

Now to get started on those pictures...

2 comments:

Liz and Kurt said...

Your life sounds so nice and calm... you definitely need kids. Triplets I think. Anyways, I can't wait to come visit you next year and see all these places you talk about! Just don't move between now and then :)

Misty said...

Kids?!

That's why I have pets. They keep me busy enough. :)

We have no plans to move anytime soon. Come see me!!!