Saturday, February 7, 2009

My name is Misty, and I'm a geek

I got an iPhone! Its so cool:


Our contract was up on Tuesday and Chris has been jonesing for a phone with better internet capabilities for a while (he had an HP SmartPhone before). So on Tuesday we picked up an iPhone 3G for him and he loved it. Its so intuitive and functional, we decided I need one too. So last night I picked mine up - though I have to go back today because the store didn't give me my old phone back, which had some pictures I still want and a micro-SD card worth a little money in it. I spent all last night playing with my iPhone, setting up my calendar, downloading various aps, and pretty much just goofing around. I love it!

This morning I woke up wanting apple-cinnamon pancakes. I really have no idea why, but there you go. So I whipped out my iPhone and Google-searched for recipes (can you tell I love that thing? can you?), and I came up with this one for Oatmeal / Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Pancakes from a Bed & Breakfast somewhere. And it really hit the spot.


I made a half-recipe since I'm usually the only one in the house that eats sweet breakfast foods. I subbed in vanilla soymilk for the buttermilk, since its what I have on hand. And I threw some cinnamon into the batter. These are hearty because of the whole wheat flour and oats, yet taste like apple sauce. Yum!

Lately I've been reading Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse novels, and loving them. I can't figure out why either, since they're pretty much fluff books. But they are very entertaining, and extremely quick - I've a few of them in just 4-6 hours each. I'm on the eighth book right now, and she plans to release the ninth this May. HBO also based a series on these books called True Blood which I'll watch after I finish the current book.

I'm off to find an ap that will let me blog from my iPhone. Later gators!

No comments: