Friday, September 4, 2009

Day Off

Hey Ayla, Mac... you guys want to go swimming?






I've also been knitting. The Seascape Stole is coming along, into the second section now. I am loving the Frog Tree alpaca yarn, so incredibly soft. I think this will be great to wrap around myself when the weather cools, though I might gift this away if it turns out really nice.


However, I'm putting this aside for a little while. A coworker that I really like is having a baby, and we're having shower for her in a few weeks. I love baby knits, they're so quick and so cute, so I'm taking the opportunity to make Knitty's Anouk. I stopped by my local Michael's and picked up Bernat Softee Baby in soft red and fresh green, and Naturally Caron Country in claret and deep purple. I plan to knit this as a dress, not a pinafore, as I've seen a lot of other knitters do. I think its a great design and really fits the cool, slightly quirky personality of the almost-new mom.


And here's a better picture of the tray that the yarn is on above. It was only $1.50, and I really like the retro design. Now I can carry drinks and food onto the patio in one trip! Happy Labor Day weekend!

No comments: