Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Dogs Like Peanut Butter

I couldn't really think of a title for this post; I'm eating bread with peanut butter and they're begging for some. So there 'ya go.

Nothing hugely exciting to report lately: the butterflies are flying around like crazy here right now. They must be migrating, or mating, or whatever it is butterflies do in the spring. I had lunch last week at Herbivore in Berkeley, a vegan international-cuisine place that was absolutely fantastic and I've been thinking about it since. I had the coconut noodle soup and marinated tofu sandwich. Yum! I have a training class on campus and think I might take myself for lunch there again on Tuesday!

I'm about half way through the back on my Soap Bubble Wrap.


The curlicue-looking bits at the top on the needles are actually the sleeves that I just started. I haven't been knitting to much lately on this, and for some reason have been playing a lot of sudoku instead. But it should be done within the next few weeks I think.

While I was photographing my knitting on the patio, I heard Chris call out asking if I was out there. I stepped over to the slider, and the dogs were both trying to watch me and asking to come out.

Inside are Mac, Ayla to the right of him, and behind them Chris playing video games online with Eli. And you can see me, so I'm calling this a family photograph! You can also see what gorgeous weather we've been getting.

More proof of Northern California beauty: Chris playing fetch with Mac on one of our grassy areas in the complex.


And my guys hanging out on the couch:


Ayla likes to lie on the hot concrete patio in the sun and warm her bones. Then she pants for a long time, and it looks like she's smiling. :)


That's about it for now. I have a concert coming up with the Pleasanton Community Concert Band on Sunday, April 5. If you are in the area and want to come, its at the Amador Theater in Pleasanton (1155 Santa Rita Road) from 2:00 to 4:00. And its FREE!

No comments: