Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Refried Tequila Black Beans


A bowl of black beans is difficult to photograph, but these were just too good to keep to myself. For reals.

I was making tacos for dinner tonight after spending an hour at the dog park with the pups (you didn't think I could go a whole post without mentioning them, did you?), so it had to be quick. So here's the down and dirty for my awesome, stumbled-upon...

Kinda Refried Tequila Black Beans

1 tbsp. Olive oil
1/3 onion, chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup tequila
2 tbsp. Smart Balance (or butter)
1 tsp. taco seasoning

Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, a few minutes. Add the black beans and tequila, reduce the heat to medium low. Cook until the beans are soft, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes. Add the Smart Balance and taco seasoning and mash with a potato mashed or fork. Enjoy!

These are really, really simple and tasty. They're also a great base to create from; add jalapenos, sriracha, cheese, or whatever else tickles your pickle. I'm sure it will taste just as good, better even. I wish I had made a double batch!

No comments: