That has been the theme for a while now.
First off, we've been working on little things around the house. As usual, we rarely have the right tools and/or knowledge, but we figure out a way to get it done. Last weekend we did some finishing in the kitchen. The backsplash on our new counters aren't as high as the old counters, which left a smooth patch on the textured wall. I had to figure out how to fix that. I ended up filling in crevices with spackle, sanding it all smooth, and using texture-in-a-can from Home Depot. The result is pretty close to the rest of the wall, so I went ahead and painted. I think it looks good; if I ever find out more information I might do it over. I also had to do this process in the bathroom where we removed the counter that extended over the toilet.
We've also been working on the moldings around doors and the baseboards. This is just a tedious process of spackling and sanding to get a perfect finish. Getting closer!
I've been knitting a summer top, my first garment. The hitch is that I'm left handed and knit left handedly, while patterns are written for righties. I have to do it all backwards, essentially. That means flipping my increases/decreases so they slant in the correct direction so far. And my yarn-overs need to be yarn-unders I've discovered. I'm working on the back piece now and I am a very slow knitter, so after I finish what seems like acres of stockinette and do the armhole shaping, then redo the work I've done for the front piece, I'll have to figure out how to reverse all the lace sections. Should be interesting!