Saturday, January 9, 2010

Creating Again

What a nice day:

- Slept in late this morning; its so hard to get up early again during the week when I've been on vacation for two weeks.
- Leisurely sipped coffee while watching TV with Chris.
- Took Mac with me on a few errands to drop off an old computer at the e-waste recycling point and stop by Radio Shack for a cable to hook my laptop up to my bedroom TV so I can watch Netflix in there when Chris is occupying the main TV.
- Took Mac and Ayla on a 3-mile walk up a neighboring hill and let them run their fool heads off while snapping some pictures of my hooligans.
- Cooked up a fantastic dish that I will share with you tomorrow featuring a new-to-me grain, wheatberries.

Here's a slideshow from our walk today:




* * * * *

And here's a few knitting projects I started over the holiday.

This one is the Minimalist Cardigan from Interweave Knits Fall 2007.


I'm using Bernat Satin in Crimson. Its a deeper red than you see here.


And I'm really digging the moss stitch, though its going to take a good while to finish it switching between knit and purl every stitch. This project is now on hold until I get more yarn though.


I also started the Silk Cocoon Cardigan from Interweave Knits Spring 2009.


I'm using Naturally Caron Spa - a bamboo blend - in Misty Taupe. This is going fairly fast, despite the number of knots I'm finding in the skein (3 so far). The yarn has a neat silky and soft texture, and all of the stockinette makes this great for knitting while watching movies or TV.


Anyone else feeling creative?