Monday, April 5, 2010

Roasted Broccoli


I recently had a big bag of broccoli from Costco in the fridge, slowly losing its color. I needed a way to use a lot of it, and I could have gone with soup, but then I came across this post by honey & jam, literally beseeching me to make it. She asked so ardently, how could I say no?

It is very simple, and so very, very tasty. In fact, Chris told me to never make broccoli any other way again. Try it, you'll like it!


Oven Roasted Broccoli
from Epicurious

1 1/4 pounds broccoli crowns, cut into florets (about 8 cups)
3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
Large pinch of dried crushed red pepper

Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss broccoli and 3 tablespoons oil in large bowl to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet and roast 15 minutes. Stir remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil, garlic, and red pepper in small bowl. Drizzle garlic mixture over broccoli and toss to coat. Roast until broccoli is beginning to brown, about 8 minutes more. Season and serve!
 
Related Recipes:

2 comments:

Run Lori Run said...

This is the way we eat broccoli too and its the only way we eat it. My husband says the blacker the better! ( It works well for brussels sprouts too.)

Michelle said...

I LOVELOVELOVELOVE roasted broccoli! It is the best, and in fact I roast a lot of my veggies these days!