Michelle, a blog-friend I've made who is a really cool person, has an awesome family, shares my love of cooking and eating, and is currently incubating what will be the cutest little bug ever, recently sent me this Honest Scrap Blog award. Thank you so much, hot mama!
So, there are three rules: Pass it on to 10 other people... Most of these people don't do the blog award thing, but you should check out their blogs anyway.
Abby Try Again - inspirational photography
Bakerella - satisfies my sweet tooth
Color Me Katie - infectious happiness
Diet, Dessert, and Dogs - food and dogs, what more is there?
Gimme Some Oven - really good recipes
It's the Little Things... - wonderful style inspiration
Joy the Baker - more good food
Lindsey's Kitchen - culinary student and blogger
Noble Pig - food and wine
Run Lori Run - someone I'd love to meet in person
Share 10 tidbits about yourself... I'm going to copy Michelle and post a questionnaire that will let you know more about Chris and I.
1) What are your middle names? I'm Lynn, he's Scott
2) How long have you been together? We started "going out" in May/June of 1996, 14 years ago, and were married June 2004. We've been together for nearly half my entire life at this point!
3) How long did you know each other before you started dating? We were in band together in school, and I always thought he was cute (I even wrote his name on the inside of my closet door with the other boys I thought were cute!), but never really talked or anything since he was so shy.
4) Who asked whom out? We really "met" on a school trip to visit colleges, and spent pretty much all of it together (he bought me an Italian ice at Standford, and we held hands under a blue moon on the bus back home!). After that we just started hanging out together. We went to see "Independence Day" at the theater and someone asked if we were going out, at which point we nervously looked at each other with uncertain smiles on our faces, and said "I guess so."
5) How old are each of you? I'm 30, he's 32.
6) Did you go to the same school? We sure did - high school sweethearts.
7) Are you from the same hometown? Mostly - he lived in Crowley, outside of Mammoth, but its all the same place.
8) Who is the smartest? I've got the book smarts and test scores, but he can figure anything out and has more determination, which has been immensely helpful during our home improvement projects.
9) Who majored in what? Chris has a BS in Biotechnology. I have a BA in Psychology, with a minor in Music, and a MS in Counseling Psychology/Marriage and Family Therapy. I'm also still paying my student loan bills.
10) Who is the most sensitive? Me, definitely. Sappy movies and commercials can make me cry.
11) Where is the furthest you have traveled together as a couple? Maui, HI, where we were married.
12) Who has the worst temper? My fuse is shorter, but a truly angry Christopher is really something to behold.
13) How many children do you want? Who knows; it depends on what the future has in store for us.
14) Who does the cooking? Me.
15) Who is more social? Me, though Chris can be quite charming when he wants to be.
16) Who is the neat freak? We both are. Our style is very uncluttered and minimalist.
17) Who is the most stubborn? Chris, definitely, though he usually has solid reason to be.
18) Who wakes up earlier? Me - he's a night owl.
19) Where was your first date? Good question. Is it the bus ride? Walking along Mammoth Creek after school? The movie? It was more of an organic thing for us.
20) Who has the bigger family? Chris has a bigger extended family.
21) Do you get flowers often? No, flowers from florists often have a terrible carbon footprint and pesticides. We grow flowers though.
22) Who is more jealous? Probably me since I'm more insecure.
23) How long did it take to get serious? Not long at all, especially since he was leaving for college after our first summer and we both knew we still wanted to be together.
24) How do you spend the holidays? It varies - sometimes just the two if us, sometimes with family.
25) Who eats more? Chris. He's always hungry, despite how much I feed him. He says my food is just too good.
26) What do you do for a living? I'm in Procurement and he's a scientist.
27) Who does the laundry? Me - one load of whites turned pink (probably on purpose) ensured that.
28) Who's better with the computer? Chris, though I'm not too shabby at it
29) Who drives when you are together? Me, especially at night since his night vision isn't great.
30) What is your song? "Still the One" by Shania Twain.
Lastly, let everyone know you're passing the award on to them. I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about my life!